Bike riding is a very healthy outdoor activity and what more one requires when he can easily fold his bike and sit along with his friends on a hill. The Durban Adult Metro Folding Bike has this comfort of folding the bike anytime, anywhere.
The Durban Adult Metro has some of the most amazing features. First of all, before getting on this bike you must need to know that this bike is only for adults and is not suitable for beginners and intermediates. This lightweight (29 Pound) bike is easy to carry and can be portable due to its amazing feature of being folded. The body is made of a durable and lightweight 6061 alloy with a Durban B-type latch. The chain guard is yet another amazing feature which will prevent your shoelace or anything else getting stuck in the chain.
Lightweight Frame, easy portability
The Durban Metro added this amazing feature and they traded out the steel frame, from their previous bikes, for a lighter but strong and durable 6061 Alloy Frame. It only weighs 3 pounds, yeah, you heard it right, 3 POUNDS! Just like a small bicycle frame. The Metro is definitely something better looking, lighter, stronger and durable bike out of nearly all the Durban bikes.
Impressive design, catchy looks
The Durban Metro has a really great design and look. It is aesthetically pleasing and quickly grasps one’s attention. Leaving the first impressions aside, the Metro is pretty much similar to its previous bikes. However, it is a 6-speed bike with an amazing derailleur and Shimano shifter and 20″ wheels. It is even equipped, by default, with the B-Type latch which is pretty difficult to clasp.
Specs and Features
- Folded dimensions: 6″ x 13″ x 31″ (66 x 33 x 80cm)
- Colors: Dark Blue, White, Wine
- Weight: 29 lbs (13kg)
- Shifter: Shimano RS-35
- Fork: High-Tensile Steel Fork
- Speeds: 6
- Frame: 6061 Alloy Frame with Durban B-Type Latch
- Seatpost: Alloy Seatpost (Size 550mm)
- Maximum rider weight: 210 lbs (95 kg)
- Wheels: 20″ Alloy Rims / 20×1.5 Tires / UCP Spokes
- Handlepost: Durban B-Type Steel Handlepost with Security Lock
- Crankset: 52T Steel Crankset
- Freewheel: Shimano 14-28T Freewheel
- Saddle: Durban Comfort Saddle
- Brakes: Alloy V-Brake
- Derailleur: Shimano TZ-50 (6 Speed)
- Pedals: Folding Pedals with Reflectors
- Kickstand: Steel Kickstand
- Brake levers: Alloy Brake Lever
- Chain: KMC Chain
- Mudguards: 20″ Wheel Steel Mudguard
- Suggested rider height: 4’8″ – 6’3″ (1.40 – 1.90 m)
- For Advanced level
- Can be folded
- Cheaper as compared to other bikes
- Budget friendly
- Not suitable for people over 95 kg
- Hard to clasp B-Type Latch
The Durban Adult Metro Folding Bike is thus an amazing set of features combined in one bike frame which is recommended for advanced level bikers. It is made up of such a light weight alloy which is also durable. When folded, it can easily fit into the back of a car. The bike is very efficient and it is cheap as compared to other bikes. It is worth a buy.